About Jukka Aalho
Jukka Aalho is a Finnish writer, TEDx speaker and full-stack marketer.
I’m a full-stack creative with years of experience both agency-side and client-side. Most recently I’ve been doing my part for the global success of Oura Health, the company behind the Oura ring. You can reach me at email@example.com or +358 50 590 7703.
- Planning and strategy
Thanks for coming to my TEDx talk
In January 2020 I talked about quantifying creativity and finishing large creative projects at TEDxOulu.
- Science Communication Lead, 2020–
- Content Lead, 2017–2020
- Copywriter, 2015–2017
Ad Agency Siberia
- Copywriter, 2012–2015
- Podcaster and micro publisher, 2016–
Get to Know Me
Below is a selection of my creative projects.
The Banjo Man: Lenovo’s Day in the Life campaign video
Roles: screenwriter, actor
Production: Fanciful Fox
Share the Burden
Cannes Young Lions Finland, Film Gold, 2015
Partner: Ville Pohjonen
– Young Lions Finland, Marketers GOLD, 2017
– 1st prize, Mökillä Short Story Competition, 2017
– 1st prize, J. H. Erkko Writing Competition for Short Stories, 2016 – Tongies 2016: Best Long-Form Video: Jukka | The Banjoman
– 1st Prize, Martti Joenpolvi’s Short Story Competition, 2016
– Young Creatives Finland, short list, 2015
– 2nd prize, J. H. Erkko Writing Competition for Poetry, 2015
– Young Lions Finland, Film GOLD, 2015
– City of Oulu Culture Award, 2013
– 1st prize, J. H. Erkko Writing Competition for Short Stories, 2016
– “Helmi und Loviisa”, short story in the German anthology Weniger eine Leiche als vielmehr eine Figur: Erzählungen aus dem Ostseeraum (Reinecke & Voß, 2016)
– “Helmi ja Loviisa”, short story in the Finnish anthology Novellit 2016 (Gummerus 2016)
– “Lauri”, short story in the Finnish anthology Metsällä (Maahenki, 2015)
What Others Are Saying
“This work is exactly what we were looking for in the Marketers category. We saw highly energetic performers and an idea that had been honed to perfection. This work and its creators have the chance to prove their worth as young lions on the international stage.”
– Young Lions Finland, Media & Marketers Jury, 2017
“The video had a big idea and a fantastic storyline. This is the only entry that really got under our skin. Clear gold!”
– Young Lions Finland competition jury, 2015
MA in English philology, University of Oulu, 2012. Studies in Finnish, Latin, Ancient Greek and marketing.
A semester abroad studying graphic design and journalism at Newcastle University, Australia and journalism in Università di Bologna, Italy.